As you’re curled up under a cozy blanket with something warm in your hands, read along with me. Here’s your carefully curated list of encouragement this weekend!
- Read Mary Oliver’s poem, “I don’t want to be demure or respectable,” from her new book, Blue Horses, she shared with Vogue. Love her care for words, wit and spunk!
- For my mamas in the trenches, here’s an article on giving your children grace. “It was God versus Sin, and we were co-warriors in this battle.”
- What not to say to a father of four. This rang true for me, a mama of 4. But it also beautifully shows us how we all can feel ourselves to be so complex while we caricature others.
- In love with lettering and school supplies, I’ve started a fun Pinterest board for all things hand-written.
And on my list of things to do and make this Fall weekend:
- I’ve been making a healthy version of this paleo Pumpkin Spice Lattes (I know I said in this post that I want to get them from Starbucks regardless of the chemicals; truth is, I don’t have the funds for $4 lattes, so I make them). Anyway, it’s simple and fabulous! Combine about 1 1/2 cups coffee, 1/2 cup almond milk, 2-3 dates, 2-3 T of pureed pumpkin, and pumpkin pie spice in high-speed blender (I use a Vitamix). The dates sweeten it and make it thick! Yum!
- These yummy and healthy breakfast treats are on my to-make list.
- We’re planning to go on a hike with friends with Monday since the kids are off school. Here’s one of my favorite pictures of my three boys hiking this summer.
My star hikers hiked to the top of Cecret Lake and scaled a few rocks too. Even Camden my 2.5 year old made the steep hike. There were so many people hiking with encouraging words for this mama hiking with her brood of four kiddos. It was so nice to be encouraged that my lot of kids are great and wonderful without the insensitive comments about there being so many that we often get. But that wasn't the best part. The best part was how these mountains have gotten inside of me that all we could do was praise God for his beauty. I actually started singing the doxology on the way back to the car. Almost too much beauty for this mama heart. #motherhood #livethelittlethings #livingwithintention #cecretlake #alta #hikingwithkids
This is the nineteenth post for the Write 31 days challenge, where I’ll be writing every day through the month of October. I’m excited to see what comes of this daily practice. I’d love for you to comment, pin the above image, share posts and subscribe to receive posts to the right in the sidebar as we work through these things together. Posts in the series are all linked to from the first post.