- This is a lovely post by Lisa-Jo Baker on SheReadsTruth. If you’re a mom and feeling a bit down please go and read it. Here’s a gem: “So when Mary and Elizabeth literally break into loud, unashamed song declaring the wild purpose of the new life bottled up inside them like so much rich treasure, I want to hold on with both hands and be part of that understanding of womanhood.“ Wow. Print that one out when you’re drowning in whining and dishes.
- If you need a last-minute homemade gift for your neighbors or teachers or just someone passing by, consider this Whiskey Caramel Sauce, by Becky Rosenthal, @SLCfoodie (and check out her blog, it’s great!)
- There has been so much horrendous suffering in the news and all around us of late — children lost, so much sickness and death and suffering. I really loved this post on What I don’t mean when I say Black Lives Matter from Colleen Mitchell.
- I finally got my gold Antho initial mug and love it! But when I was getting some stuff at CostPlus World Market for stockings, found they have some really cute initial mugs there, too. If you need something quick, it’s a great gift idea! And at only $6, a steal!
- Finally, what are you reading? Some of my absolute favorite titles that I’ve read recently are: Bread and Wine: A Love Letter to Life Around the Table; Brene Brown’s Daring Greatly and The Gifts of Imperfection; Anne Lamott’s Help, Thanks, Wow; oddly I haven’t reached much for fiction lately. I guess I’m trying to study the non-fiction genre. What’s on your Xmas reading list??